I recently opened a Twitter notification from the lovely Sal from StrictlySal nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. The award itself is designed by bloggers for bloggers and the aim is to inspire and spread positivity and joy to others in the community. It is always an honour to be considered by fellow bloggers for things like this, so a huge thanks to Sal for thinking of me! Before we jump into the award, lets consider the rules first:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other blogs
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog site
Here’s what Sal asked me:
1. Who is your favourite blogger and why?
My favourite blogger is Lucy Connelly from Florals and Corals. She is from Glasgow in Scotland (not far form where I grew up) and I’ve followed her blog for years. I love her style in fashion and interiors.
2. What is your favourite dessert that you enjoy making?
Oohh, this is a hard question as I have such a sweet tooth. I really enjoy baking banana bread as it’s easy and it tastes amazing when slightly toasted with some butter or Nutella on top. Recently though I’ve been making things like protein balls with raw ingredients including cacao powder and these have been hitting the mark. Do these count?
3. What is your ultimate skincare tip?
My ultimate skincare tip would be to always take your make up off, no matter if you’e had a big night out and also, drink lots of water to stay hydrated as this gives your skin a natural glow.
4. If you had one wish, what would it be?
I love living in Melbourne but I really miss my family so I wish I could move them all over here so we are much closer.
5. If you could move to any country in the world, where would it be and why?
From such a young age I always wanted to travel in and live in Australia, which is where I currently am, so I guess you could say I’m living my dream.
6. If you are not blogging, how do you like to spend your time?
When I’m not blogging (or at my full time Mon-Fri day job) you’ll usually find me brunching with my fiancé Ali at our favourite local cafe, at the gym doing a workout or class, wedding planning or socialising with friends drinking coffee…or prosecco 🙂
7. How would you describe your fashion style in 3 words?
Classic, feminine and relaxed.
8. What are your 5 must have beauty/makeup products?
My 5 must have beauty/makeup products are ones I use on a daily basis and are my staple items:
- A hydrating primer (I’m currently using a Bare Minerals one)
- The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation (I use the shade Fiji Sands), which I wear everyday – its not too heave any great for work.
- Any black eye liner – I go between a charcoal pencil and liquid liner.
- Clinique Blushing Blush Powder
- L’Oreal Lash Primer and Mascara duo
9. What is your favourite meal of the day?
My favourite meal of the day is…every meal haha! I love food and am always thinking about when my next meal will be. I have a body clock that craves food at similar times each day and I always need to carry snacks or hangry Brogan comes out haha!
10. Do you prefer bold lips or bold eyes?
Ooh that’s a toughie as my signature look is liquid liner and a bold berry coloured lip. I’ve gone over and over this questions and I genuinely can’t decide so I have to say both!
11. What advice would you give to people who are intrested in blogging?
I’d say just go for it! Starting somewhere is better than not starting at all. It can be a little embarrassing putting yourself out there at first but it is vital to grow. I always keep in mind that the end of the day everyone else is doing their thing so you just gotta do your thing and enjoy it!
Thanks again to Sal for the nomination and the fun questions. I now nominate these fab bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Effy from Effy Talks Life
Vicky from Doorways and Dresses
Rebecca from What Bee Did
Chloe from Be Kind Coco
Alexis from AlexisWeatherly
Lucy from Florals and Corals
Tina from Trash to Treasured
Rachel from Tender Loving Style
Susana from AboutSusana
Laura from Girl About Glasgow
Charlotte from Colours and Carousels
My questions to them are:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is the best piece of blogging advice you received?
- Lazy Sundays or productive Sundays?
- Tell me about someone or something that inspires you
- What is your favourite mantra and why?
- Do you have a blogging routine? Do tell…
- Most loved travel destination you’ve visited?
- What is your favourite skincare brand and why?
- What are your favourite blogging related apps or tools?
- What are your 3 top conversation starters?
- If you could eat only one cuisine what would it be?